I remember

I remember all those nights I cried my heart out,
Clutching my pillow to my face,
Muffling my cries cause I felt pathetic,
And So you can cry was my lullaby.

I remember hiding in the toilet,
Soundtrack to my broken heart on repeat,
Cause you'd smashed my heart to pieces,
And laid down the shards at my feet.

I remember seating on the sandy beach,
Staring at the waves of the sea,
Wishing they would wash over me,
And take the pain away.

I remember riding on the bus,
Watching you play with her hair,
Just like you did with mine,
And having to act like I didn't care.

I remember when you told me her name,
And I hated her sight unseen,
Because she had your love,
The one thing you kept from me.

I remembered all those things,
As you asked me for another chance,
After seven years of heartbreak and pain,
After seven years of loving in vain,

Twas then that I realised,
That I was tired of remembering,
And so I turned away,
And took the first step to forgetting.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random thought 6... more like impulsive action.

I've got a crush on you

One Casual sex and swearing cocktail please!!