Outpourings of the heart

My heart is breaking inside,
All I've ever known is being destroyed,
The stone wall of my heart is falling,
And all I can do is watch,
The bricks rain down on my head,
Hitting me with almost calculated aim,
One news at a time,
All I hold precious is snatched away,
Never thought it would happen to me,
It's always been someone else,
But now it's me,
Your bestfriend is with child,
Your blossoming love shattered by the cruel hand of reality,
I don't want it to happen,
But all I can do is watch,
Oh God,
Why,
The tears pool in my eyes,
Burning through my glands,
Seeking to pour out,
But I can't let it,
I won't let it,
Or else it would be too real,
No,
I'll force them back inside,
I'll pick up the bricks and rebuild the wall,
I'll gather my strength like never before,
Funny how things change,
Never thought I'd be the one giving comfort,
But all it takes is one thing to trigger that change,
In a matter of minutes,
I moved from teen to adult,
From babe to woman,
Things are in perspective now,
I know what to do,
All I ask is the strength to do it,
For I fight now not just for one,
But for two.

Comments

  1. http://getjasont.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/blood-on-snow.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random thought 6... more like impulsive action.

I've got a crush on you

One Casual sex and swearing cocktail please!!