Forbidden

It's wednesday night, and while the freshers head to a club to drink themselves silly, I sit in my room reading Forbidden. I really should be reading 'Discipline and Punish', by Foucault, but I abandoned his gruesome description of executions for the gruesome description of murders and rape instead.

The writer kept my interest by putting a sociological spin on the book. Not only does he bring the story to life, but I was left physically repulsed by some of the cases in there. I have about 500 pages to go, and I felt the need to take a much needed break. My brain just couldn't handle the information being processed anymore.

The main character in the book...the perpetrator of the crimes, let's just say if he were real, I'd take my chances with the evils of the forest rather than remain in a room with him. The detached manner in which he carries on is so scary, yet remarkable. How the writer managed to make a character so aloof, yet violent, makes me wonder about his own psyche. I know I can be imaginative, but this guy takes it to a whole new level.

After reading this book, I'm not below checking under my bed for the boogeyman, or 'Ed'. Reading this book made me want to head to a psychiatrist to get my head examined, maybe talk about a few childhood issues. I have no idea why, the impulse just came over me. Perhaps it's cause I fear that if I stay so long in this uni room by myself and dredge up some memories I drowned in the lake of the past, I just might turn into 'Ed'. Only difference is, the person who ends up dead would be --.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random thoughts 4 or 5? I really can't remember.

I've got a crush on you

Random thought 6... more like impulsive action.