Close encounters of the tribal kind

Hello!!! :)
This post is in diary form as I'm simply going to regale you with my latest love interest, so sorry if you were expecting a poetic piece.
This semester, I signed up with the belly dancing society. *Gasp* But Nneka, you can't dance to prove your worth! I know, I know. However, I wanted to try something different. I wished to push myself in a way that I haven't before. See, the thing is, I love to dance. Yes, I do. But... I can't dance, and it kills me inside. I lack the grace and the rhythm and I beat myself up each day over it. I especially love Salsa. The passion evident in the moves, the sultry voices of the singers, the grace in the dancers lithe bodies, the pounding rhythm of the drums; they all stir me up to unexpected heights. Unfortunately, I realized quite early that I would never capture attention with my moves as I dance like an elephant with four left feet.
So I decided to try once more with belly dancing. I kid you not, it is hard. It's made even harder by my lacking skill in the dance department, but I try anyway. I love shimmying while I do my dishes, and practicing hip drops in front of a mirror when no one is looking, as I couldn't bare to see their embarrassed look on my account. When I get into class though, my confidence leaks out like a broken pipe. I'm surrounded by beautiful and exotic beings who seem to possess no ribs and bones made of an alien flexible material. Sometimes, I come out of the class feeling worse than I felt when I went in, but I still go anyway.
Enough about this endless ramble, this post was originally meant to show you the pictures and videos I captured at a belly dance show I went for 2 weeks ago. It was titled "Close encounters of the tribal kind", as a majority of the performances were by tribal dancers. Tribal dancing is a darker side of belly dancing, and very seductive in it's dark appeal. I could have sworn some of the performers were Tranny's and Granny's, but I'll let you make up your own mind. Enjoy!!! ^_^ p.s: Sorry for the poor quality, used my iPod to take em. :P

















Gonna stop here now, look for the videos from the night in the next post.
Later lovelies :) xxx

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jerry :) And I totally read that in an American ghetto accent :P

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Well then you might enjoy attending a few belly dancing shows yourself :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random thought 6... more like impulsive action.

I've got a crush on you

One Casual sex and swearing cocktail please!!