Dig just a little deeper...

I have a friend called Kwadwo F-Boakye, or Jerry for short. ;) The first time I set eyes on him, I never imagined that in a few years, he would become the best thing that ever happened to me. Before I knew him, if I had passed him in the streets, I would have seen him but not noticed him. Know why? That's because he doesn't walk around with his pants low, or have an outrageous haircut, or wear dangling blings that look like they're about to behead him. Kay is ostensibly quiet, and yes, I mean ostensibly. He scurries about his business with a slight smile on his face, all intent on his purpose. I really don't know how to describe him properly, so instead, I put it in a poem. I know it doesn't do him justice, but this is for you Jerry :)

You speak brilliance and rap words,
you breathe genuis and stroke chords,
Your mind's a maze,
Your thouhgts a craze,
trying to understand,
is like swimming in sand,
you're making an effort,
but getting nowhere.


Your features spell attraction,
but are merely a distraction,
from the trinitrotoluene flowing in your veins,
heading for your heart and causing you pains,
wanting to explode but you hold it down,
cause to do so would destroy the town,
an explosion that would tear you apart,
blowing everyone else to bits.


Your emotions a lighter,
wanting to light her,
or is it really you,
that it wishes to brew,
jealous of your affection,
for a maid near perfection,
one with powers so strong,
Medusa learns from her instead.


At the end of the day,
all I'm trying to say,
is when you walk down the streets,
nodding your head to the beats,
spare a smile for that lone guy,
you just walked right by,
cause if I've learnt anything from you Kay,
it's that the cover never matches the book.

Comments

  1. I've spent 22 minutes now looking at the comment section . . . thinking of what to say in reply and how to say it and im not sure but nothing quite captures it like these two words : Thank You.

    Stanza 3 was my favourite though . . . really set me thinking. I'm really humbled cuz half those things ain't half true but . . . it only tells me how blessed i am to have some one in my life who sees past the imperfections.

    once again thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say anything more, but you are welcome.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random thought 6... more like impulsive action.

I've got a crush on you

One Casual sex and swearing cocktail please!!