Broken Strands

I thought you knew me, I really thought you did
countless hours spent listening to your actions
countless hours spent watching your words
I nursed your pain
I absorbed your wounds
I healed your tears
I dried your broken heart
I thought you were there for me too
For a moment you were
Never noticing I was simply a distraction
A moments bliss in your chaotic world
But once the strands that held us together began to crumble
once the bridge that connected us began to unwind
you looked out of the tent we shared
and noticed the storm had blown away
I begged you to stay
and for a moment you listened
steadily, quietly, you slipped out once i lay inert
I awoke to the call of the vultures
as they circled the lonely tent
you'd left me alone in our world
all i had left, were broken strands.... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random thought 6... more like impulsive action.

I've got a crush on you

One Casual sex and swearing cocktail please!!