Awaiting your return


You shattered the walls of my castle...
you invaded my inner encampments..
you ravaged the fragile maiden in my stronghold,
bleeding, cold, you whispered words of endearments,
while you walked back into the cold.

The jagged edge pierced my skin,
as I picked up the broken pieces strewn all around me.
The ground drank in the dark pool,
as I washed the linen of deception,
you'd wrapped me in, while you walked back into the cold.

The fallen souls were testament of your brutality,
their songs of sorrow, your precedding anthem.
The winds carried news of your return,
yet, I hastened not to close the gates,
the creaking hinges begging for relief.

I laid down, awaiting your return,
after all, what more had I to protect.
The soot of the charred walls wept for me,
their black tears trailed a river down the strips of my flesh,
yet I laid down, awaiting your return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random thoughts 4 or 5? I really can't remember.

I've got a crush on you

Random thought 6... more like impulsive action.