Please forgive me

As her sentences poured into my ears,
One word trickled to my heart,
With a quiet intensity, it whispered,
"Guilty"
I might not be serving a sentence,
But I just as well committed the crime,
For months the thought plagued me,
For hours I wrestled with my heart,
No matter how I argue my case,
I'm just as guilty as you are,
So for this I beg of you,
I beg you to forgive my actions,
For letting you go to the gallows alone,
How does one make amends for damage caused,
I may not be able to recover spilt milk,
But I can offer to wipe it with my hair,
So that the evidence sits upon my head,
Like a sacrifice upon an altar,
Perhaps one day, when atonements are made,
It shall be cleansed by the waters of truth.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random thought 6... more like impulsive action.

I've got a crush on you

One Casual sex and swearing cocktail please!!