A secret to hide

Hush,
I've got a secret,
A secret to hide,
You can't tell anyone,
This secret must follow you to your grave,
Can I trust you,
Can I trust you not to tell anyone about it,
About the endless nights,
Nights when insomnia sleeps right beside me,
Cradling my head as he sings me his lullaby,
But it's not meant to put you to sleep,
Oh no,
It's a lullaby that draws you into a semi-concious state,
You hear your flatmate walking around her room,
The songs of the birds filter through your window,
And your brain plays you reel after reel,
A private cinema in your head,
Scene after scene,
My secret comes to life,
I see you smiling at me,
That secret smile you save just for me,
It lights up your eyes,
Lights up the screen,
And gets brighter and brighter,
Until all I can see is white,
The white of your eyes,
The white of your teeth,
The searing white pain that strikes from missing you,
It gets more intense,
Harder to see,
Harder to breathe,
Until I open my eyes,
And see the sunlight clear through my window,
Then I realise that it's happened once more,
You haunted my dreams again.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random thoughts 4 or 5? I really can't remember.

I've got a crush on you

Random thought 6... more like impulsive action.