Ramblings of a vulnerable girl

I don't like being vulnerable. Jeo neun keu gae an jo a hae yo. Then again, nobody really does. It leaves you open, like a festering wound. Anyone can stick a needle in, bursting it open to release the yellowed pus that is your pentup emotions. It gives someone the power to hurt you, and that's dangerous.They could go power crazy, become power hungry. Power to the people! Stupid democracy. Off with their heads! Crazy queen. Power is an open wire waiting to shock someone into an electrifying death. They must have power for you to be vulnerable. You know that, and yet you stupidly give them that power. What a merry picture we must make, a bunch of vulnerable and rabid individuals. Ready to hurt in order to defend. For the powerful ones are vulnerable too. How best to hide weakness but by a show of strength. Brutal strength is the easiest to assert and show. In the process they hurt all, even themselves. For they push away those who care enough about them to give them that power.
Think about it. You wouldn't have the power to hurt me if I didn't give you the means to. That I open myself to you and present my vulnerable side is not a show of weakness. No! It's a show of trust. People trust their leaders who they elect to rule them firmly but lovingly. They elect them as masters so they are in a better position to serve the people. The sword of trust is handed to them so that they can protect the people. What a betrayal that turns out to be!
What a fool I've been, and continue to be. I know how it is whenever we play this game, but still I come back for a turn. It's cool though, this heart can handle a bit more turns.
I'm tired of being vulnerable. Wallowing in self pity isn't going to help me, but it's sure as heck going to make it easier to see myself as the vulnerable victim and you as the power crazy villian.
I'm really rambling now. You know what the funny thing is, you probably think you're the victim too.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random thought 6... more like impulsive action.

I've got a crush on you

One Casual sex and swearing cocktail please!!