As I walked out one Evening


As I walked out one evening, I expected to see the view,
A flower, a bird, a bumblebee or two,
But instead I walked upon violence afoot,
A shout, a break-in, a violent brute.

Pretending to be the cops they lied their way in,
And then they committed an atrocious sin,
Not content with their greed, their constant bane,
They cut short a life, a man was slain.

For the blood they had spilled, no concern was shown,
On their minds was rather, the loot they now own,
With agile limbs and full pockets, their escape was made,
While I stood there, a disillusioned maid.

In humanity, my faith, I had foolishly placed,
But now, with the murderers, it hastily raced,
When I walked out this evening, I expected to see the view,
Instead I lost hope for my race, and my faith in it too.


Comments

  1. Oh Lord!! This lady can write!!! sigh. hmmm. as in . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Without inspiration (that is you, dear sir), there would be no posts. Thanks for believing in me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random thought 6... more like impulsive action.

I've got a crush on you

One Casual sex and swearing cocktail please!!