Remembering

As 2013 packs up her bag and gets ready to make room for the new boarder, the number of bloggers describing their memories with her skyrocket. I'm not really here to tell you how my year went, else you'd end up reading a 120000 word essay. Have I mentioned that I'm not really good with summaries?
Anyway, I just want to write a bit about some of the lessons I learnt this year.

Lesson 1: Never make decisions when you're sleep deprived and desperate. No need to go into details.

Lesson 2: Stop getting yourself into situations that lead you to trouble. I really cannot emphasise this lesson enough. One minute I'm trying to be good, next minute I'm waist deep in trouble. Must be a skill of mine. I'm not sure I can take anymore of it.

Lesson 3: Stop getting other people into trouble. It seems I have a knack for doing that too. Let me just take this opportunity to apologise to anyone I've gotten into trouble this year. Actually, there's one person I really should be apologising to. I'm sorry Teddy.

Lesson 4: Love yourself. I sometimes deal with serious insecurity issues. On good days, someone can say the meanest thing to me and it just bounces off. On bad days, the tiniest bit of criticism turns me into a waterfall. My mum once told me, "To love someone, you must first learn to love yourself". So I'm learning how to love me. I'm taking it hana hana, but I'm getting there. Btw, "hana hana" means step by step in Korean. Random tidbit :P

Lesson 5: First consult mother before giving your sister an awesome haircut. Yeah, I'm a budding hairstylist apparently. Watch out Luigi, I'm coming for your barbershop!

Lesson 6: Take the words of Matthew 6:33 and Proverbs 27:11 to heart.

  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've got a crush on you

Random thought 6... more like impulsive action.

I keep on Falling